Outpatient treatment in Pennsylvania offers the most flexible form of care. Through evidence-based treatment services, the patient can begin to regain control of their life. Our dedicated addiction specialists will customize an outpatient treatment plan for each qualifying member of our recovery center.
Each recovering individual is different so the exact combination of treatment methods used will differ as well. There are many benefits to outpatient treatment. If you have serious obligations outside of treatment, you’ll find that outpatient treatment molds well into your life. You’ll be able to create a treatment schedule that works with your needs.
At Silver Linings Recovery Center, we believe in the potential of each individual that walks through our doors. Outpatient treatment can be a powerful tool in overcoming addiction. We’ll be there to guide you throughout the entire addiction recovery process.
No matter what stage of addiction you’re in, there is hope for a better tomorrow. Keep reading to learn more about our outpatient treatment in Pennsylvania.
What is Outpatient Treatment?
Outpatient treatment consists of scheduled treatment sessions at a recovery center each week. Some may choose to attend one session a week, while others will travel to the facility 3 to 5 times a week. After treatment, the recovering individual can return home.
This type of treatment is especially suited for those with responsibilities outside of rehabilitation. For instance, you may have a child at home that you must take care of during the day. In other cases, you may be enrolled in classes at school. There are many different scenarios where outpatient treatment may be the best choice.
It is also most beneficial if the individual has a stable environment at home. If you have a supportive and sober family, then outpatient treatment can serve as a great form of treatment. It is also helpful because you can immediately apply what you learned in treatment at home.
How Are Outpatient Treatment Programs Different from Inpatient Treatment Programs?
Outpatient treatment is essentially the opposite of inpatient treatment. Also referred to as residential treatment, inpatient treatment requires the individual to live at the recovery center. They’ll receive a daily structured routine incorporating treatment from the morning through the evening.
Inpatient treatment also offers 24/7 medical support and care for patients. On the other hand, outpatient treatment patients will travel to the facility for care. Following treatment, patients can make their way back home.
Outpatient treatment is often used as a step-down form of treatment. An individual may benefit from attending a residential program first, followed by weekly outpatient treatment sessions as a form of aftercare.
Who Should Enroll In An Outpatient Treatment Program?
Outpatient treatment has many benefits. It offers flexible scheduling, high-quality care, and community support.
Each individual’s recovery journey is different so the exact treatment program will vary. Anyone who needs flexible scheduling will surely benefit from an outpatient treatment program. However, there are certain similarities between those who benefit from outpatient treatment the most.
Outpatient treatment can be especially beneficial if:
- You have a fairly moderate form of addiction. Many people assume that treatment isn’t necessary until the addiction becomes severe. However, an outpatient addiction treatment program can help stop substance abuse in its tracks.
- You have stability and support at home. Returning home to an unstable environment after treatment can be tricky to maneuver. On the other hand, returning home to loved ones who support you can be enormously beneficial.
- You learn most efficiently by being able to immediately apply new skills. Outpatient treatment allows individuals to practice what they learned during treatment right away at home. These lessons include coping mechanisms to manage cravings, avoiding triggers, and developing healthy behavioral patterns and ways of thinking.
- You’re the parent of young children. If you have a child to take care of, residential treatment may not be a realistic option. Perhaps no one can care for your child while you participate in inpatient rehabilitation. In that case, outpatient treatment provides parents with an opportunity to get better while still attending to their at-home duties. (However, it is best to consult a professional before choosing a program. In many cases, it is best to first go through residential treatment. A specialist can help you determine the best course of action for childcare and other responsibilities.)
- You have responsibilities at work you can’t miss. Outpatient treatment helps you receive treatment while still abiding by your duties. You can attend treatment on the weekends, or at night-time. We’ll work with you to create a schedule that allows you to receive treatment while taking care of any career obligations.
- You’re looking to lower the cost of treatment. Outpatient treatment is the most cost-effective option. Since you’re not residing at the recovery center, a lot of housing costs are taken away. This brings the overall cost of treatment down significantly.
- You’re looking for a form of aftercare. Outpatient treatment is an effective option when it comes to transitioning out of treatment. Following each individual’s treatment, a plan to prevent relapse is put into place. Outpatient treatment can provide many drug and alcohol treatment resources while still maintaining essentially all of your independence.
What are the Components of an Outpatient Treatment Program?
The exact components of an outpatient treatment program will be tailored for each patient. The exact schedule regarding treatment sessions will also be dependent upon what the patient needs.
However, there are key components within our outpatient treatment programs that remain the same. These components include:
Screening and Intake
The screening process serves as an evaluation of each individual’s situation. The screening process helps us create an effective treatment plan.
We’ll go over:
- Physical condition
- Psychological function
- Outside support/resources
- Previous treatment efforts (if any)
- Willingness to participate in treatment
- Past and present patterns of substance abuse
An assessment helps everyone get on the same page. We’ll go over treatment goals and timeline together. The intake process and assessment help us create the most effective outpatient treatment program for you.
During orientation, our team will inform you of all details regarding the outpatient treatment program. We’ll go over specific rules, service hours, treatment costs, and other guidelines. We’ll also give you a tour of the recovery center and make sure you’re familiar with everything.
We pride ourselves in the drug and alcohol treatment resources we provide. From holistic care to evidence-based therapy, we have everything you need to recover from addiction.
Some of the many treatment services we provide are:
- Trauma therapy
- Case management
- Dialectical-behavioral therapy
- Community-based support groups
The goal of aftercare planning is to prevent a relapse from occurring. An aftercare plan will incorporate drug and alcohol treatment resources into the patient’s life after initial treatment is completed. Aftercare can come in the form of weekly therapy sessions.
In other cases, a sober living home is best suited for the individual.
How Can Outpatient Treatment Help Me Overcome Addiction?
Outpatient treatment can truly change a recovering individual’s life, as well as those around them. It is possible to not only overcome addiction but to learn and grow from it as well. It’s hard to see how pain is helping us at the moment.
Sometimes we feel so overwhelmed, that the light at the end of the tunnel seems far. However, we assure you that this light is there. Outpatient treatment can help show you the potential that you’ve always had. With our dedicated team of addiction specialists and supportive community, change can be made.
Outpatient treatment can truly help you break the toxic cycle of addiction by:
- Addressing and working through underlying issues and mental health disorders. Addiction isn’t only about physical dependence on a substance. It is often the result of underlying mental and emotional roots. The goal of therapy is to uncover these roots and plant a garden you can reap a rich harvest from.
- Creating a toolkit of healthy skills and coping mechanisms. Those suffering from addiction develop unhealthy habits. These habits can be toxic, as well as highly self-destructive. Through a combination of therapy, you’ll develop healthy tools to sustain long-term sobriety.
- Allowing you to focus on self-care. Outpatient treatment enables you to concentrate on getting better and improving yourself. It’s easy to get caught up in daily life. Outpatient treatment helps you take a step back to reevaluate what would make a fulfilling and purposeful life.
What Types of Therapy Can I Expect in Outpatient Treatment?
Therapy is the core component of our addiction treatment programs. We offer a wide range of therapeutic services, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, and trauma therapy. We combine a unique set of therapies for each recovering individual depending on their needs. A handful of therapies you can most expect to receive include:
Individual therapy is centered around one-on-one sessions with the patient. The patient will have access to an experienced therapist that they’ll see throughout their treatment. What each session focuses on depends on the patient and their needs.
Family therapy can bring in the family into the recovery process, increasing stability in the patient’s life. It can also restore broken relationships. Family therapy incorporates sessions with the recovering individual’s spouse, significant other, parent, sibling, etc.
Group therapy is all about giving and receiving support. Group therapy offers a safe space for recovering individuals to share their thoughts and feelings. It’s a great way to keep momentum and motivation up during the addiction recovery process. These sessions will include multiple patients at a time.
What Makes Silver Linings Different?
Silver Linings prioritizes an individual’s mental health needs, just as much as the physical aspect of addiction. Our emphasis on dual-diagnosis helps us understand each recovering individual on a deeper level.
Treatment will dig into the roots of addiction, restoring the individual’s sense of self-worth. We have several unique programs and amenities that make us a high-quality recovery center.
Some of the many advantages of being a part of the Silver Linings community are:
- Long-Term Stay Options: We believe that each individual heals and recovers at their own pace. Aside from our 90-day treatment programs, we offer even longer stays. Depending on your unique needs, a long-term stay may be just what you need to build confidence.
- Holistic Treatment: We prioritize the healing of the body, mind, and soul. We offer physical fitness, a wide range of therapy, and spiritual treatment. Spiritual treatment includes practices such as yoga and meditation.
- Aftercare program: Aftercare programs are key to preventing relapse. We’ll work with you to ensure you’re prepared to leave treatment. We offer many different resources to help our patients sustain long-term sobriety. These resources include support groups, professional development programs, and sober living housing.
Call Us and Learn More About Outpatient Treatment Today!
We believe in building a strong foundation for recovery. Addiction is far more than physical dependence. It must be treated from the inside out. At Silver Linings, we take your mind, body, and soul into account.
Our purpose and passion are to empower people, families, and communities. You can begin to regain control of your life through our high-quality outpatient treatment program. From therapy to medical support, treatment is uniquely tailored to each recovering individual.
We’ll help you from the beginning of the process through the end. Contact us here for more information about outpatient treatment programs.
Call us to speak with a drug and alcohol addiction treatment expert, and get on the path to rehabilitation today.